Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Comment #6: Produsage-based Citizen Journalism

My last comment goes to Elyse's Produsage-based Citizen Journalism!

and here is my comment:

Hey Elsye, I had a great time reading your blog as how you briefly described what Citizen Journalism is and its connection to open source software. Incidentally, I have been curious as to what exercises popularity for participatory users of the Produsage age (basically because I am quite unpopular with my blogs myself), and it seems you have suggested an idea that members that engage within a shared-collaborative environment must gain their social capital by ‘creating an idea that interests them and that will interest their peers which starts to develop, which soon leads to a wider community then evaluating and adding more information and views). So what you are basically stating is that users must distribute content that is relevant or of interest to a wide community – I definitely agree to what you propose. I also would like to draw out from There’s no money in the long tail of the Blogosphere, that basically a vast majority of blogs have zero views, meaning that as user-led contributors, we must focus more on the relevance, quality, usability of our user-led content (phew!).

No comments: